Sunday, September 12, 2010

Review: Anna Sui Eye Color Accent 103


I bought this in HK, as a package, consisting blusher etc. But I am pretty sure Anna Sui is cheaper in Hk as compared to Japan & Singapore.

I was into eye shadow lately, so I really bought a lot of eye shadow products.


Result:

The color i bought was 103, looks like dark blue, but when applied, it turned out to be greyish black, nowhere close to blue. A mini brush was included.

As usual, Anna Sui smells really great haha! Even when i kept them in their original boxes, put them in my make up box, I could smell it whenever i open the box. Not sure if its bcos I've 3 Anns Sui products in it haha.

From the ingredient list, I saw aloe, olive, raspberry, grape seed oil, salicylic acid.

Bcos of the color, I decided to use it as an eye liner, rather than a eye shadow. I tried using the brush given by Anna Sui to draw the line, but its abit hard to control so i use another brush I have, with a more pointed tip.

For my eyes, I dont have the habit of applying foundation over them. Usually, I will only apply my ettusais eye cream then I will go ahead with the eye shadow. I dont have an eye primer currently. I don apply sunblock or makeup base too. I dont like having so many products for my eyes since its a delicate area.

So I will just try to draw a line near my lashes with this eye shadow. It wont look as black or dark like eye liner, very subtle but still can be seen. if i want it to be darker, I can easily add on too. So its very easy for me to correct my mistakes, especially for beginners like me.

However, after applying a few times, I realise its not lasting. I dont know why my eye lids became more oily than usual, and it will start to smudge a little. the color will be less obvious after like 5 hours. I will invest on urban decary eye primer soon, hopefully the situation will improve.


Verdict: 6.5/10

Well, I feel the color is great as a liner, not too dark, and to me, its easier to draw as compared to a eye liner. But too bad, it smudge a little and not very lasting. If situation improve with a eye primer, i will update the score again.

No comments: