Friday, September 3, 2010

Review: MAC DazzleGlass Lipgloss



Have been really busy for this whole week. Hopefully things will get better soon. :)

Ok back to review. Dazzleglass is my 1st lip gloss. My lips are rather thick so I'm worried that applying glossy stuff will made them look worse :( Thats the main reason why all along I dint wanna try lipgloss. But I'm glad I went ahead and gave dazzleglass a try.

I bought dazzlegass when i went HK in May. I got it at 150 or 160 HKD at the airport, cant remember the exact price. Its retailing at around SGD35 if I am not wrong.

The name of the color I bought was smile.

Result:

It was a really sheer color. I'm new to make up and always want it to be as natural as possible. Really glad the MAC assistant managed to recommend the right color for me.

It was not those super shimmery kind, the shimmers are just right, dint made my lips look thicker too hehe. Color was natural and close to my lip color, not those super red kind. I dont think the texture is very sticky too. The brush applicator that comes with the lipgloss was quite 'stiff' when I 1st used it, but it became soft after 2-3 times usage. The brush makes application fuss-free, color goes on smoothly and my lips looked really moisturised after application, doesnt emphasize the lines on the lips.

I dint see any fragrance added in the ingredient list, but this lipgloss really smells nice lol.

The 1st time i used it, i applied anna sui lipbalm under it and my lips became very dry after like 5hours. The 2nd time i applied Vaseline and it was much better. Do note that i dint touch up in between, I dint reapply lipbalm or dazzleglass.

I eat and drink as per normal and the lipgloss stayed for only perhaps 3-4hours.


Verdict: 9/10
I really love the color and how natural the shimmers were.

No comments: