Monday, July 12, 2010

Review: Acne Patch ShowDown - Nexcare Acne Patch VS Cettua Trouble Clear Patch




Since im a sucker for zip zapper products, there is no way i will give these acne patches a miss! So who are the contestants today?

Nexcare Acne Patch (Ladies) VS Cettua Trouble Care Patch

Where to buy them?

Most of us out there should know we can get nexcare acne patches at the watsons & guardians locally. As for Cettua (Korean brand) patch, its available at sasa.com, ALT heeren and pink beauty (AMK outlet, refer to Beauty bargains label for directions to the shop ).

Round 1: Price

Well, for nexcare, 18 (6 big patches and 12 small patches) patches cost me about $4.80 while 48 cettua patches ( size is similar to nexcare big patches) only cost me $3.90.

Winner: The price diff is so big! Cettua is the winner for this round!


Round 2: Texture & Scent

Nexcare: yellowish and Spongy gel like patches that are comfy enough to leave it on skin overnight. i dint detect any scent too. Due to the texture, these patches may sometimes come off while i am slping.

Cettua: Transparent and plastic like patches that can be rather uncomfy if i paste too many of them on my face. I cant really smell the tea tree till i put the un-used patches in a box.

something to take note is i think it will be quite unglam if i were to paste nexcare patches on my face when im out. however, ive no problem with cettua patches since its transparent and as slim as 0.0000001 mm haha.


Winner: I think nexcare is more comfy compared to cettua. Cos cettua patches are 'flat', i feel that my skin wont be able to breathe with it since it sticks to my skin so closely.


Round 3: Effects

I've tried nexcare on red bumps (pimple that threaten to pop out the next day) and pimples with pus. Well, it did not work for my red bumps, they still look the same after 1 night, did not shrink in size too. But for pimples with pus, nexcare do help to suck the pus out. however if the pimples are big, i may need 2 or more patches to suck out all the pus.

Cos cettua stick too closely to my skin, i dint dare to stick them on my pimples with pus. I only stick them on those red bumps. Sometimes, it does shrink those bumps, only a little though. Probably due to the tea tree and salicylic acid in the patches. Though i paste them on bumps only, it actually hurt more than nexcare when i am removing them!


Winner: I think nexcare will be more effective for most pimples.


Overall: I declare nexcare as the winner for this showdown! haha. But frankly, i dint really think these patches are that useful actually. Nexcare is simply to expensive to use daily, or when ive more than 2 zits on my face at the same time. I think an effective pimple cream will be a better bet.

Alternative way to use these patches:
If u are one of those with itchy hands, likes to squeeze pimple etc, pasting these patches on our faces can probably prevent us from touching the zips, hence minimising the chances of irritation and so on.




No comments: