Saturday, July 31, 2010

Review: Oil Blotter Showdown - Clear & Clear VS Anna Sui VS Kleenex VS Ettusais

ALright, another showdown today! Its a fight between the oil blotters lol.

CLean & Clear VS Anna Sui VS Kleenex VS Ettusais!!


Round 1: Price

CC: $4.4 for 50 sheets

AS: $8 for ? Not stated on box, but I think it has around 80 sheets or more since 1 packet can last up to 3months when i use them 5x a week, at least 2 each day.

K: $3.65 for 50 sheets. I finally found it at ion guardian after searchin for like 2weeks?! there is a 50cents discount coupon in cleo mag Aug issue :)

E: $9 for 50sheets. I got it for free cos its given out as a freebie when you have 10stamps in your ettusais card.


Winner: Its a fight between kleenex and Anna sui, but due to absorbent ability, kleenex should be the winner cos i tend to use 2 sheets for anna sui's.



Round 2: Design


CC: Normal looking blue sheets. With tape on packet so we can take out 1 sheet easily. probably the tape is too strong, 2 sheets will be taken out sometimes.

AS: Pretty purple shade with butterflies prints! The design of the packet is lovely too! Its designed so conveniently that only 1 sheet will be taken out each time.




i hope you can see the the butterflies on the blotter! so lovely! Its not vv obvious in real life too though.

K: Plain Pretty purple on 1 side, pretty floral designs on the other. similar to CC, there is a tape to help us take out the sheets. Becos the sheet is rather thick, so only 1 sheet can be taken out each time.
Even the box is made with a material thats better than the rest! The manufatured date is printed at the back of box :) Made in taiwan.

The one on top is the front, which pple will see when we are blotting lol. the one at the bottom is the side which we blot :) It wil turn dark purple after absorbing out oil.


Ettusais: Brown sheet thats looks like sand paper haha.


Winner: I still think Anna Sui box looks the best! haha. BUT i think its easier for others to spot the kleenex shhet design from far compared to Anna Sui's cos of the material of the sheets. u know, sometimes u just wanna show off the pretty things you have LOL. So i declare its a tie between Anna Sui & kleenex!


Round 3: Texture & Material


CC: Feels plastic-sy to me haha. I dono isit me or what, but i do feel that sometimes the sheet is not smooth enough when i dab abit too hard on my face. Oil seeps through sometimes..

AS: Surface is smooth. Because its so thin, oil does seep through! So my fingers feel greasy sometimes after blotting

K: Oil does not seep through since its twin layer! Sheet is so soft and much thicker than the rest! Very spongy feeling when i dab it on my face!

E: Slightly rougher than AS. Due to the thin material as well, oil seeps through! According to a friend (she will kill me if i reveal her name here lol), her sheets tore when she was blotting omg!

Winner: Definitely Kleenex! It just feel so soft, smooth and spongy on my face!!

Round 4: Discreet

Discreet meaning if people can know how much oil i have on my face by looking at the blotter =.=

CC: not only me, practically everybody can see how much oil i have! :( Since that film turns transparent when oil is absorbed..Its so unglam & embarrassing for me especially when i tend to blot in front of others rather than in the ladies.

AS: because of the material and color of the sheet, its almost impossible for others to see the oil, but at the same time, its quite hard for me to see as well. hence, its hard for me to know if i need to another sheet, thus usually causing me to use 2sheets each time.
K: Its designed in a way that only i can see how much oil i have haha! The plain side which we use will turn darker showing us how much oil is absorbed! People opp me can only see the lovely floral prints hehe. well, make sure no1 is standing behind u wahaha.
E: Though material is similar to AS, but cos its brown in color, so its easier for us and pple to see the oil on the sheet. Not as obvious as C&C though.


Winner: Kleenex for sure!


Round 5: Absorbent


CC & K: Can absorb oil well for both. I cant decide which is better since i just started using kleenex today haha! Shall update it when i finish the pack

AS & E: Cant really absorb well, have to dab a few more times on same area. Sometimes i feel its a plus point cos i dont want all my oil to be gone and my face will end up secreting more oil since its like a equilibrium system. i usually have to use 2 sheets for my whole face.


OVERALL: KleeneX! Sheets are soft on our delicate skin, reasonably priced, & pretty at the same time! What more can we ask for!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site everylittledropcounts.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Stephy said...

Hi there.

Eh can i have a look at your site 1?

btw, i guess u meant u put my site as one of your link and vice versa right?