Monday, July 19, 2010

Review: Skinvitals Eye Brighten




Bought this eye mask when i was crazy over skinvitals stuff a few months back.
managed to find those single pack ones at kovan watsons. they were selling for $2.95/pair. Its going at around $13.95 for 3pairs (box). As usual, they will be frequent discounts for skinvitals, so usually we should be able to get the box at $9.95.

skinvitals eye brighten (5ml) is an anti dark circles, brightening and invigorating cloth eye treatment mask. It contains vitamin C (bottom half of list) and licorice (5th on the list). From the ingredient list, I also see lemon extract, ginger root oil. No fragrance and alcohol.

Vitamin C has preservative and anti-oxidant properties, to moisturize, smooth fine line, boost the complexion and brighten skin tone. licorice known to have toning and firming qualities. it has soothing and rejuvenating benefits too.


Effects:
As usual, for eye masks that are in sheet form, they are found together in the packet, sticking onto each other, with no other plastic or what. So i've to separate them myself. I find it quite troublesome cos once i take them out, attempt to stick one of them on my eye area, I've got nowhere to put the other sheet. So i usually rest them on my leg oops. Maybe i should cut open the packet so that its wide enough for me to rest my the other sheet next time.

the mask is quite big so i tend to fold them half in case they touch my face and give me zits etc. This is one of the main reason why i prefer eye sheet mask cos i can fold them to whatever shape i want haha!

The mask is quite wet, but not to the extent of dripping all over my face. There is still quite alot of essence left in the packet after taking out the mask. I cant really detect any scent.

I leave them on for around 15min, and my eye areas are significantly brighter! They look hydrated, with one of my deeper dehyration line under my right eye 'disappearing'. I hope it will be gone forever haha. The mask dint give me any bumps like DHC's.

I massage in the remaining essence and they were absorbed in within seconds.


Verdict: Price 7/10, Effects 8/10
Im quite satisfied with the mask except for the price. I will probably repurchase when its on sale again or when i have more budget :)

No comments: