Friday, July 23, 2010

Review: Skinvitals Everyday Illuminating Lotion


I got this moisturising as a freebie when i purchase 2 boxes of skinvitals mask a few months ago. This was quite a attractive promotion, so I bought quite a number of boxes haha. Received their eye serum which i still have not open though.

This lotion (40g) is retailing at about $35 or so at Watsons. I saw discounts for this range quite often.

I threw away the box so I cant provide the ingredients. From the tube, its stated that the main ingredients are Vitamin C and white peony. Since Vitamin C is found, we've to discard it 3months (dustbin symbol with 3M on it was found on the tube) atfer opening.

Whats written on the tube:

This silky lotion is the ideal treatment for skin affected by dullness, fine line and dehydrated. Utilizing the anti-oxidant and brightening powder of vitamin C and white peony, this lotion moisturises skin and smoothes fine lines while boosting radiance and vitality.


Results:

I apply this on my neck hoping to lighten my neck, so that my neck & face can be of the same or at least somewhat similar shade.

The smell is quite bad, but thank god its not too strong. Maybe its because I apply it on my neck, not on face so i cant really smell it after applying.

Lotion is quite watery so its quite easy to massage in. Not too oily but takes a while to be absorbed in.

After using it for almost 3months, I see little or no improvement at all for my neck, be it shade or lines. The worst thing is everytime I shower, my neck feels creamy, meaning my neck dint absorb in the lotion?! Even after i exfoliate my neck, this problem persists. OMG.


Verdict: Very disappointed with the product. Luckily i got it for free, cant imagine if i spent $30+ to get it. So I've got no choice but to throw it to the hall of hates :(

No comments: