Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Review: Skinvitals Spot-on Blemish Pen


heh after the wonderful experience with skinvitals T-purify mask, i believe their anti-spot formula works for me :) so i bought their spot-on blemish pen aka pimple gel! =p

its only 10ml, and it comes in a pen brush like design. bought it at $22.90, no discount for this blemish series :( still, its rather affordable. For skinvitals, they seldom have discounts on the blemish range, so if you happen to see sale etc, do grab it!

I dont really like the brush design cos i find it unneccessary, since i wil usually clean my hands b4 touching my face. the brush dont feel as flexible as my fingers lol. moreover, i find it abit hard to squeeze the gel out, with the pressure etc, its hard to estimate how much gel i still have in the tube..

it contains tea tree oil which helps to combat breakouts & clean the skin. salicylic acid is 1 of the key ingredients as well, with gentle exfoliating action, helping skin to slough off the top layer of dead skin & prevent pores fr clogging. rosemary, eucalyptus are found in the ingredient list too. almost all ingredient are similar to the t-purify mask, except salicylic acid. Orange oil, ginger oil and cinamon oil are present too. I seldom see tea tree and salicylic acid formula i realised.

Effects:
Pimples and red bumps shrink or even disappear overnight! At least this is true for me and friend lol. Its not too drying as well, no peeling etc, even i applied on consecutive days. Pretty mild but effective for my sensitive skin, at least it dint burn my skin or what. I've tried DHC, la roche posay etc pimple cream (im going to review them soon), but none work as well as skinvitals.

I've scarring problem all along. Bigger zits gave me red scars :( no matter what pimple cream i used, this problem persists, though i dint squeeze them or do anything funny to them. skinvitals dint help with my scarring problem, but i guess with an effective pimple gel, can reduce the chances of inflammation, and hopefully scar wont be as red.

Verdict: I am very satisfied with this pimple gel. Reasonably priced and really effective than all others that i've tried so far. 10/10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#dd99bb]Interesting post! thank you for sharing this information. everylittledropcounts.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#dd99bb]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]