Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: Kose Cosmeport CoenRich Q10 Hand cream


Got to know this handcream (80g) at nishino pharmacy (Taka basement) sometime in april. I was thinking if nishino brought this hand cream into sg, it must be quite good, or at least popular in japan. If not why would nishino bring it in right haha.

It was selling at around $20 at nishino. Since i was going japan, of course i bought it there. I managed to get it at about 500yen (sgd8) if i dint remember wrongly. I dint see it elsewhere other than nishino in sg.

It consists of conenzyme Q10, coix seed extract and pearl extract. It claims to be able to whiten hands.

Ive been using it everyday since i came back from japan in late may.

Results:

Cream is white in color. Very faint scent which doesnt smell like added fragrance. Scent was ok, not too overwhelming.

Cream is rather thick, quite hard to massage in. Its one of the thickest handcream that I've tried so far. Its not moisturising for my hands at all. My hands did not look radiant after application too.

I was planning to condemn this handcream till lately i realised what it have did to my hands. I realised it did whiten my hands a little. The tiny brown spots on the back of my hands seem to disappear and lighten quite a bit.


Verdict: 7/10 Though its not moisturising enough for my dry hands, but im glad at least it did whiten my hands a little. Please note that my hands and fingers did not become fairer, its just that the tiny freckles look -alike spots did disappear or lighten. I'm left with half a tube, i shall update if I experience better results from it.

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Hi,
since you just came back from japan, just wondering if you know what are the brands worth buying there?

Stephy said...

hi there. I guess you are referring to which brands are cheaper there compared to SG right?

eh most items from Kose,fancl,canmake & dhc are cheaper. shu uemura uv base is 3900yen, for other shu stuff im nt sure.

Jill stuart, anna sui & paul & joe are very ex there.

For drugstore brands, like aqua label, hada labo are usually cheaper. But with the current exchange rate, dont think diff will be like half price, probably a few bucks.

Diff drugstore outlets have diff pricing (though they are same company), item can be cheaper for like 300yen or more, so if you have the time can compare prices b4buying.

After comparing Hk & jap, I think most brands ( counter/drugstore) are still cheaper in hk, due to exchange rate etc.