Sunday, June 6, 2010

Review: Guardian Collagen Hydration Neck Mask



guardian collagen hydration neck mask is the 1st neck mask that ive tried.. and the only one so far. cos its the only neck mask that i see in sg.. q sad isnt it! well, JX told me about the 1 found at sasa.. but the fact that its a face cum neck mask.. this idea certainly does not appeal to me. sounds so uncomfy to me seriously.


Since last yr sept, i suddenly feel that there is a need to tak care of my neck when i see the lines on my friends’ neck.. some of them really q serious, i was q shocked since we are only in early twenties. well there are some who are 天生丽质, neck look fair smooth & line-less.


unfortunately i dont tnk im 1 of those, though the condition of my neck is not as bad. believed most of us heard this saying b4: the neck is the area that reveals a woman’s age. this can be q true sometimes..but neck lines can be caused by the way u slp and probably the height of one’s pillow as well.


since then, im determined to care for my neck, hopefully as much as i care for my face. moreover, i do need to whiten my neck since its 2shades darker than my face >.<>

there are 2 types of neck masks found @ guardian — Yellow (the 1 that im using that) & the green (for firming if i nv remb wrongly). they are selling at 5 for $7.95 usu.. but i do see them selling @ $1 each when im lucky enough, if not $1.95/pc at some outlets. sad to say, i dont really see them @ guardian now already.. maybe they are discontinuing it


I finished my last pc yest.. and realised i dint review abt this mask that ive been using evy week. opps, i only rmb to tak a pic of it when i finished masking lol. i used up at least 20pc if im not wrong.


Essence is overflowing.. that it kinda dripped all over my top. the collagen smell is q strong but im ok with it haha. material is towards the cloth side, smooth & thickness is just right. The mask is quite long and i am able to wrap it around my whole neck.


all i have to do is to tak it out fr the packet and wrap it around my neck haha. its long enough to wrap it all the way till the back of ur neck, but i dont usually do this since i dont like the essence dripping down my body. 1 tip is to wear a low cut top when u apply tis mask lol, so u wont dirty ur top.


neck will be kinda sticky but still bearable i feel. definitely dint give me zits bumps or whatsoever. neck feel smooth the very next morning. after using for mths, i do see my lines getting better, less obvious i tnk, though im not sure abt the firming part since my neck is not saggy in the 1st place i guess.


Verdict: 8.5/10

fren commented that my neck color is lighter than b4, not sure if its the result fr the mask since its not meant for whitening. i believe spending less than $2 on a pc of mask for my neck evy wk is worth a try..esp if it helps my neck in the long run. if nt, at least it helps to maintain it haha.


moreover, i dont like the idea of applying my face moisturiser & toner on my neck which some of us are doing now since mine are for combating zits & oil control. not v suitable for neck i feel. but if u’ve dry skin or wad, perhaps u can go ahead & apply ur moisturiser on ur neck.
the other option is to get a neck cream from the store. again, not many choices available in sg i guess. guardian has 1 (not to my liking though) selling @ $9.9.. skinfood, faceshop have it too i tnk.. and loreal (voted as fave by readers/editor)..

2 comments:

chocfull said...

TFS has neck masks but have yet to try them. I tried Nature Repblic but they don't work on my lines.

Stephy said...

Thanks for telling!
Ooh, I think i seldom enter these korean shops thats y i dint realise they have neck masks. hopefully they are not too costly!