Saturday, June 12, 2010

Review: Veet Wax Strips (Dry Skin)



I started waxing a couple of years ago.. simply bcos i cant stand the hair on my legs haha!

Its available in Watsons, guardian, ntuc & Sasa. 20 wax strips for $15, with 4 perfect finish wipes. Veet has 20% off their products quite regularly, so do grab the chance when there is sale!

I got the one for dry skin (green color) instead of the pink one thats for normal skin. I just thought if its meant for dry skin, it wont be as harsh. I tried both types and they work the same too.

We've to warm the strips slightly with our palms before usage. I hate this step cos it tends to dirty my hands since i re-use the strips once. Lately, i found a way to do it fast.. use a cup warmer! lol. Just put it there for say 5sec and the wax strips will be ready for use :)

Alternatively, i think the hair dryer will do the same.. though ive not tried that before.

If there is some wax left on skin, I will use the perfect wipes to clean it off. It will be much better after that.
Verdict: 9/10 Reasonably priced wax strips. Removes my hair rather effectively.

After waxing, I will try not to expose my skin in the sun. And if i really have to, i will apply sunblock on my legs. This will prevent my skin from darkening. I forgt where i read this, but its a must to remember this tip!

After waxing for so many years, I realised its hard to prevent ingrown hair. Regular scrubbing do help to improve the situation. But do not scrub immediately after waxing! do it 2-3 days later.

I apply slow hair growth cream on my legs to slow down the growth rate.. Then I wont have to wax so often. I wil review on this soon in another post.
With regular waxing, the hair will naturally grow slower.

I realised the pores on my legs seems to became more obvious over the years as well. Minmin suggested applying unwanted toner on the legs to minimise the pores. I've yet to try this method but since it works on the face, it may work on the legs too! moreover, since we've got no more use for the toner anymore, instead of discarding it, we can put it to better use :) It may enhance absorption of our body lotion too. So why not!

No comments: