Monday, June 28, 2010

Review: Sephora Daily MakeUp Brush Cleaner



Bought this brush cleaner (60ml) at ion sephora 2 wks ago at $12. This is the only size available at ion, not so sure if this can be found at the taka outlet though.


This brush cleaner claims to contain an anti-bacteria agent, designed to quickly remove light traces of make up between applications.


So how do i use this cleaner? Spray it all over the bristles of the brush. Then gentle wipe brush onto a lint-free cloth to remove make up. Let the brush air-dry, need not rinse. Can be used daily.


Result: The cleaner smells ok, a chemical scent. I bought this cleaner for my lip brush since i think its best to clean them regularly. For convenience, i tot this spray cleaner will come in handy. I sprayed about twice onto my lip brush. Wipe clean with tissue rather than the suggested lint cloth. Lastly, i air-dry it after slight rinsing though the instructions stated that we need not rinse.

I cant really guage the cleansing powder of this cleaner since my brushes are for my lip balms and they have no color. but i dont really recommend it for bigger brushes. I doubt the cleansing liquid can reach those inner bristles and i will probably have to spray alot of times on them. Moreover, if its lip brushes, I think its better to rinse the brush since i will be using it on my lips, so the convenience of the no rinsing part dint appeal to me at all.

I found out other ways to use the cleaner as well. 1st I can spray the cleaner onto a tisse to make it damp, then i wipe the brushes with the tissue. I feel that i can reach the inner bristles better using this way. Alternatively, for those bigger brushes, I can pour abit of the cleaner into mini cups or containers, then rinse my brushes with it. Of cos my usage will be alot more if i were to use this way.


Verdict: 7/10 I find it approriate for smaller sized brushes such as the eye ones. As for the lips and those that are bigger, i think those usual ones such as the one sold at clinique counters ($41, think is 300ml?) will be cleaner and cheaper in the long run. Those who do not like to rinse their brushes, afraid that the metal thingy will get rusty or want their brushes to be clean daily etc, this cleaner will be suitable i guess.

No comments: