Thursday, August 12, 2010

Review: Cotton Pads Showdown - Guardian VS Selena

I cant believe it.. I can even write a review on cotton pads lol. Well, sometimes you wont know how good a product is till you change it haha.

The contestants today are Guardian Facial Squares & Selena Clean Puff ( From Sasa).


Round 1: Price

Guardian facial squares is retailing for $2.2 per box, 100 pads in a box., made in malaysia. Selena Clean Puff is 2boxes for $3.95 at Sasa, each box has 80 pads, made in Japan. If you were to do the calculations, Guadian is cheaper by a little, each is $0.022 while selena is $0.0246.

Sometimes when Sasa is having offers, 4boxes of Selena cost $3.95 only.


Winner: Guardian won by slight margin.

Round 2: Quality
( Left: Selena, Right: Guardian)

Both cotton pads are soft and smooth in texture. Guardian is slighly smoother on the surface. From the side of the cotton pads, you can see there are some cotton fluff for selena's. But they wont be all over my face when i use them to remove mascara etc.

I usually use cotton pads to apply my ettusais shooter (Liquid). I tried it with Guardian's yest and i dono if the cotton pads are really so thick or what, I usually only need to press the spray 3times and the selena cotton pad will be wet enough to dab all over my face. But for guardian's, I spray around 5x and it seems like the cotton pad absorb it all! the surface is still not damp enough when i dab it on my face. I wasted so much shooter instead. There goes my $$$..


Winner: I will see Selena as the winner cos it save alot of my shooter!


Verdict: Selena! For cotton pads, i feel that its important to get better ones cos i dont like the wool/fluff all over my face will i use my toner or remover. Next, to save on toner etc, a good cotton makes a difference! Spending a bit more on cotton will save me more money on toner etc in the long run.

No comments: