Sunday, August 22, 2010

Review: Kracie Hadabisei Whitening Mask


Another review for kracie mask. the whitening one this time. Bought it for $1.95/pc at taka watsons earlier this month, i dont find them in single packs when i went there last week though.

they are retailing at Watsons for $18.90, for a box of 5pc. Quite expensive i think.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Potassium Hydroxide, Carbomer, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polysorbate 20, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonum) Extract, Soluble Collagen, Alcohol, Job’s Tears (Coix Lacryma-jobi) Extract.

Do note that it contains alcohol and added fragrance.


Result:

The material of this mask was different from the moisturising (red range) which i tried previously. this mask does not have those micro look alike holes on it. The material is those normal ones, a bit stiff, a little hard to adjust, thickness is just right, not really like cotton material ( like skinvitals) though.

The cutting is quite big for my face, but im glad mask adhere quite well on face. Big eye holes, i like! haha.

Essence is 20ml, stated on the mask. When i took it out, its not those dripping kind, moderately wet. Cant detect any scent though fragrance was added.

After like 13min, face did look a little brighter. Essence was not sticky. After massage, essence was absorbed in quite fast. Face felt quite hydrated but dont feel very smooth.

After like 1h, red patches appeared at forehead area again. I realised i tend to have this problem with whitening mask :( Well, i gathered its because of citric acid(果酸). I have sensitive skin by the way. So those with sensitive skin, you may want to think twice before trying this mask. My red patches were not those serious kind, will go away after a while say 30min or so but its still quite irritating cos its a little itchy. I felt better after spraying avene water too.

I watched those taiwan variety show and understand that sensitive skin has to be careful with 果酸, AHA. I googled online and realised citric acid is one of the 5 main types of AHA found in skincare. AHA helps to get rid of dead skin and activate skin regeneration, hence enhancing essence absorption etc. Thats why some whitening products contain them. Since it contains AHA, I think its best to apply this mask at night cos AHA can increase sun sensitivity.
My face was less oily this morning and looked a bit radiant, 1 new mini zit pop out with another threaten to pop out any moment too.


Verdict:

I only judge it on the whitening/brightening effect, hydration, smoothness etc. Will not penalise it for the red patches it gave me.
I got no choice but to send it to hall of hates cos it gave me zits!

Seems like i do not have much luck with kracie masks. Hopefully the charcoal one will be better.

2 comments:

Tiger Lily - Belinda Valentina said...

Hi! I just bought today those masks, I have aswell sensitive skin and acne, pfff. Does it really make it worse? Because I cleansed my face with ISHIZAWA Labs Keana Baking Soda Scrub Wash, but I did not know that I should not have rubed it pff. I hate sensitive skin, and I have a 2 spray cans of avene water too.

Thanks!

Stephy said...

Hi.
Well every1's skin condition differs, so i am really unsure whether they will irritate your skin anot.
Well you already bought them, what i can suggest is probably apply them for a shorter time span, say 5min? so in case anything happens, effects won't be adverse. If not you can try applying half of your face or what.
Hope this helps!