Monday, August 9, 2010

Review: Daiso Sponge and Puff Cleanser


I forgot how i got to know this highly raved sponge cleanser from daiso, probably it was from a friend, if not i must have read it somewhere that this cleanser is good. Well, I guess i was pretty lucky. I went to daiso twice, and managed to find it at the vivo outlet. I read that alot people searched high and low for it but to no avail.

Since its from daiso, so its obvious this cleanser (80ml )cost me $2 only. Well, the bottle stated that its made in japan, I find it a little unbelievable cos isnt it abit too good to be true that this $2 cleanser is actually made in japan?! ANyway, as long as it works, who cares right haha.


I only use the cleanser on my foundation sponge so far. I bought the fancl sponge cleanser when i was in tokyo too. I will compare this with the fancl's next time. Probably next year march haha. Cos thats when Ive to discard this cleanser since it has been a year already.


Result:

The cleanser is rather watery, transparent liquid to be exact. I cant really smell anything since there is no added fragrance etc.


What i usually do is wet my sponge first, then pour a little of this cleanser directly onto my sponge and squeeze it. A little foam will be formed than i just wash it under running water. Whole process took me less than 5min. Air dry sponge overnight to make sure its really dry before putting back into my foundation case.

After washing, sponge looks clean again :) I think this cleanser is a little strong since my hands felt dry after cleansing.
Verdict: 10/10

A cheap and good sponge cleanser indeed :)
I dont use it on brushes since I've my sephora brush cleanser with me. For sponge, i guess its a little hard to judge if this cleanser leave the sponge soft or affect the quality of my sponge. But i guess if we use it on puff, it will be easier to gauge? For me, I dont have expensive sponge/puff, and im satisfied that this cleanser left my sponge clean. My sponge is the one that comes with the ettusais foundation in case you are wondering.

No comments: