Sunday, August 22, 2010

Review: Mandom Beauty Barrier Repair Hyaluronic Acid Mask


I first saw this mask on Sasa.com, then decided to grab it when i was in hongkong in May. It can be found at the Sasa in Hk, retailing for HK60 ( Around sgd 11) for a box of 5. Currently its not available at any of the stores in Singapore, at least i dint see them around at Watsons & Sasa. We can buy it from sasa.com & adambeauty.com.

There are 3 range available, the hyaluronic acid(blue) for hydrating & pores, Q10 (orange) for firming & the royal jelly for moisturising.

I threw the boxes away cos i wanted to minimise luggage weight then so i dont have the ingredients. But according to adam beauty website, this mask has got no coloring, no fragrance, no preservative, mild enough for sensitive skin.

I realise manufactured dates and expiry dates are always not available for Japanese products bought from HK & japan. Well, since it does not contain preservative, i guess i better finish them up fast in case they expire.

Result:

I tried it 3x so far. Mask has 22ml of essence, was rather wet when i took it out, slightly dripping. This mask comes with eye flaps. Since i dont have the habit of masking my eye lids, I tore the connector so that the eye flaps can be folded down. The connector is just a very small piece of cloth so it was done easily. Eye holes are just nice, i like it.

This mask is similiar to the juju aquamoist mask, the chin and upper lid areas are not connected, so we can adjust it freely. Refer to the picture of the packaging, and if you look carefully at it, the upper lin area has got white 'spaces' in the picture, they are not 'attached', what i meant by not connected. the mask looked exactly like the one on the packaging. I love this detail cos most masks are not fitting for me at the chin area, probably because my face is not very long, though i thought mine is quite long already haha. this gave me an idea that I may wanna cut other masks so that they can adhere better in future haha. The cut of this mask fits me perfectly! Even at the areas near the nose.

Anyway, i detected a very mild soya bean scent when i open the packet. I am quite sure its not like those added fragrance scent, guess its the original scent of the essence. Essence is a little towards gel-like texture, very comfy when i had the mask on me.

After about 13min or so, i removed mask and face look really hydrated, clearer and brighter significantly, pores looked refined (temporarily though) too. I din scrub my face for around 5days already though haha. After massaging the left over essence on my face, face felt quite smooth and moisturised, not sticky at all.
Face was a litle oily this morning, looked quite radiant but not super smooth.

Verdict: 9/10 I love it! Very sure this mask dint give me zits (sometimes its just hard to determine for some masks) and dint irritate my existing ones too. 1 point deducted cos my face was not left super smooth.

the cutting of this mask is great, adhere well to my skin. Though i think its more of a hydrating mask since it contains hyaluronic acid, but i like the fact that my face was brightened up, quite a bit in fact.

i may need to order it through adambeauty in future, probably at $3/pc. Pretty expensive but i love the effects from this mask haha. I make sure i stock this mask when i go HK again!

No comments: