Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Review: ELG Crystal Collagen Eye Mask 4th Generation





Got to know this eye mask because of NRWZA ( 女人我最大),the famous taiwanese variety show which many have heard and probably watched before.

I chanced upon them at thespreestore website ( links on the right). I started off by using the 3rd generation one and i love them! ELG 3rd generation is the 1st eye mask I tried too. Then it was upgraded to the 4th generation.

I got mine from thespreestore (they are the licensed distributor in sg) for 80cents each. There are a few types available for this mask.


GOLD
(Arbutin + L-Ascorbic + EGF + GHK-Cu): Has whitening effects, improves skin pigmentation and lightens dark circles, improves skin elasticity

SILVER
(Pearl + Hyaluronic Acid + EGF + GHK-Cu): Effectively moistures the skin and lightens melanin in the skin under the eyes, leaving skin supple and bright
PINK
(Red Wine + Grape + EGF + GHK-Cu): Specially suited for skin prone to aging and dehydration, this helps to restore skin vitality, prevents wrinkles

ORANGE
(Orange + Lemon + EGF + GHK-Cu): Enhanced with collagen and Vitamin C, helps in skin repair and fine lines, improves skin elasticity
BLUE
(Seaweed + Tea Tree Extract + EGF + GHK-Cu):Deeply moistures the skin under eyes, helps to relax the skin and prevents wrinkles

GREEN
(Aloe + Chamomile + EGF + GHK-Cu):Aloe helps to moisturise skin and prevents wrinkles, while Chamomile serves to soothe sensitive skin. Helps to eliminate wrinkles and eye bags and keeps the skin under eye area moisturised and fresh

Due to laziness, Ive stopped eye masking for some time, though i did wandered off to other brands like DHC on and off (only to realise that it gave me bumps :( ) After trying those eye patches such as purederm and dhc, I realised i still prefer sheet eye masks or jelly kind like ELG.

I will include pictures of the eye mask and the packaging etc when i use them again.


Result:

I tried the 4th generation GOLD & GREEN ones lately again. I wil review the silver and orange ones next time.

The 4th generation ELG eye mask: 0.038mm and 10g each

All ELG eye masks are in 'jelly' texture, transparent. When i opened it, there is like a plastic separator, one mask on each side. There are lots of essence in watery form, so be careful if not you will spill them all over.

Im not sure there is added fragrance but i quite like the scent of the masks. Refreshing scent and all their eye masks smell the same. I wonder if thats the collagen smell haha.

The eye masks may look slippery cos of the essence etc but i was surprised it din slipped around when i was applying them on my eye areas. So its actually quite easy to apply it but i will strongly encourage to lie down and relax once applied. I doubt we can use the com with the masks on us.

It quite relaxing to have something cooling on the eye areas though i dint put it in fridge. After like 10min or so, my eyes look hydrated and 'fresh'. I noticed the gold ones gave me better brightening effects compared to the green one. Both are equally moisturising i feel. My dehydration line on my right eye will disappear for like 1-2days aftr usage haha. no sticky feeling after usage and little essence left on eye areas. Probably absorbed in already haha.

Verdict: 10/10 I love it!

Price is really affordable, even for teens since they are under $1. I think i can mask evyday with ELG if there is a need haha.

No pulling and tugging of the skin too due to the material and texture. For me, I prefer something light for my eyes area so this mask is just nice for me.

No comments: