Thursday, August 26, 2010

Review: Ettusais Medicated Acne Gentle Wash

I wrote a short review on this soap when i was doing an overall brand review for ettusais some time ago.

Well, I tried this soap cleanser again lately and felt that it deserves a full review on its own again haha.

(From Ettusais.com.sg)

This soap cleanser is formulated with AC Control Oil. this soap forms a rich, creamy lather ( I agree!). With a “cushion effect”, the bubbles remove dirt and old sebum cells from the skin, leaving it dewy fresh without any feeling of tightness. Its oil-free.

I tried this cleanser again lately cos my face was in bad shape since i came back from tokyo in May.

This soap is retailing at $20 without casing. For hygiene purposes, I think its better to get a casing for this soap. I got mine free when i purchased the full sized soap 3years ago. It was on promotion so ettusais was giving away free casing & foam ball.

Result:

1 full sized soap can last at least 6months ( last longer if you use it with foam ball i feel) so its really affordable.

I can smell sulphur when i hold the soap close. But I dont really detect any scent when i cleanse my face with the foam created though.

With the foam ball, I can create lotsa foam within seconds. Foam are rather thick and dense (Fancl is still thicker though), so I cant really feel my zits when i was massaging the foam over my face. Sorta like a cushion effect. So the foam was quite comfy. I like the cushion feel haha. This foam is thicker than the dhc salicylic acne wash which i've reviewed earlier.

The foam can be rinse off easily. Face was left clean soft, the dish clean feel if you understand what i meant. not the soft and smooth kind like fancl washing powder. Face feel tight sometimes so I only use once a day. I will use Fancl at night.

After using this soap for nearly 3 months, I really have lesser breakouts. Though i still suffer a few here and there when my period is coming.

Verdict: 8.5/10

Points deducted cos sometimes its too drying for me and i still think soap is not very hygienic haha.

But its still worth a try cos it really helps to combat zits! Price is really affordable too :)

Ettusais always have samples for this cleanser so make sure you can one before buying! the sample sized soap can last at least a week!

No comments: