Saturday, August 14, 2010

Review: Nature Republic 102 MD Water Collection For Pore & Sebum Control


Bought this powder mask a few months back when i was interested in Nature Republic stuff. So far, they only have a outlet at junction 8 & 313.

For this powder mask, the powder and the liquid are sold separately, both at $1.60 each i dint remember wrongly. They have quite a few choices for this powder mask. 5 in total including this that i've bought. They have the red one for moisture, brown one for detox, light blue for firming and yellow one for oriental nutrition ( i dont know what this means that, I got this info from this website haha).

The one that Ive tried is the Pore & sebum controlling water: Alpine glacial water from Mattehorn + Edelweiss + Bear Berry + Artemisia.

I think its acting like some mud or clay mask. Just that its in powder form and i have to mix them.

DIRECTIONS: Pour MD water collection powder (Sebum-Control Ghassoul Powder) in the MD water container and Close a lid. After shaking well, Gently spread over face using by pack brush and Rinse thoroughly with warm water after 15 minutes.


Result:

I followed the instructions and pour the powder to the small bottle containing the MD water.
Initially, i poured about 80% of the powder cos I reckon i dont need that much. When i opened the lid, i realised the mixture is still a little watery so i decided to pour in all powder since i wont be using them again anyway so why not. But after i did this, the whole thingy became abit gross, the powder became like big lumps thats impossible to take out from the bottle even. Nonetheless, I still use my finger to dig into the bottle since i don wanna waste my $$.
I cant really smell anything during the whole process.

I use my fingers to spread the mixture onto my face and leave it for about 15min. It started to harden a little but not totally after 15min. But i still rinse it off.

I think there is a slight brightening effect and face was powdery smooth after usage. But after a while, I realise my face feel abit tight. Its better after i applied my skincare but still not very comfy. I regretted not applying a hydrating sheet mask after this powder mask.
The oil control was quite good cos my face was less oily this morning when i woke up. My face was less oily the whole of today and i dint have to blot.

Verdict: Price 6.5/10 Effect 7.5/10

I think i still prefer the usual ready-made mud or clay mask, like my ahava mud mask though the oil control is not as impressive as this. This powder mask was abit too messy and a bit costly for 1time usage. I dont like to wait too long in the toilet haha, cos i usually do all my rinse off mask during shower.

No comments: