Friday, August 6, 2010

Review: H2o+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment


H2o+ Oasis moisturiser aka 8杯水, is famous for its hydrating purposes. I bought this moisturiser some time back when i was feeling rich haha.

I thought by using a hydrating moisturiser my face will secrete less oil but i guess i was wrong lol. For skincare, sometimes i think we just have to try it before knowing the results, being too analytical dont always work. Experts always say if face is dehydrated, we will secrete more oil, so never forget to moisturise blah blah blah~ Well, probably all this knowledge do help me to select my products, as for finding my HG, I think luck is still the more important factor here hehe.
Anyway, I only knew there is h2o+ at wisma isetan & citylink. Rather limited ya. This moisturiser is retailing at around $68 (50g) if i dint remember wrongly.

Well, this water-based moisturiser comes in a tub, something im not very keen on due to hygiene reasons. It doesnt comes with an applicator or mini 'spatula' for me to scoop the gel out. So i got no choice but to get one for it, im a freak in this area remember? haha. I bought those mini travel tubs (to put cream etc)package at Sasa for a few bucks, and they included a small spatula inside. If you find it too troublesome, i guess those small plastic spoon work the same too. So everytime i use this moisturiser, i got to wash it and wipe dry, so its kinda irritating at first. But after some time, i was used to it and the time taken to do the washing etc become more of like a prepration time ( waiting time for my ettusais shooter to be absorbed in).

The dustbin symbol (refer to freshness post at beauty tips label) stated that once opened, this moisturiser can only last 9months.

Result:

Nowadays, i use it twice a day, morning & night, after my ettusais version Up & shooter. All along i knew ettusais is not hydrating enough for my oily skin so i decided to add this moisturiser after them. Do note that this is an oil & alcohol free product. The oil free fact kinda assured me that it wont colg my pores etc.
The texture of this product is similar to gel, when u shake the tub, you can see the moisturiser boucing haha. The watery gel like texture makes application really easy.

There is added fragrance. The scent isnt exactly appealing to my senses but its not that bad either. It just smell like a marine product lol. Complementing the light blue color.

I use very little, probably a 10cent/5cent coin size each time. I know its very little but i think its enough for my whole face. Moreover, this is just like extra moisture for me since i have ettusais on my face already. If you have dry skin, you can try putting a thicker layer and leave it on for 5min as a mask. This was stated on the tub itself.

After massaging, it takes some time for the product to be fully absorbed in. Its a little sticky at first but this feeling will go away after some time. After i apply my neck cream and eye lash essence, i can start applying my pimple gel already, so i guess the absorption time is only about 1 min or so?

Face look fresh, dewy and hydrated after application. Rather lightweight too since i apply it in the morning before i go out. But my face is still oily the next morning. But after rinsing ( without cleanser), face will feel soft and smooth again haha. I was using it when i was in Tokyo in may. It kept my skin moisturised and prevent flaking too. The air there was rather dry then.

After using this for a few months, Im quite sure it dint clog my pores or give me zits. BUT it dint prevent zits either.

Verdict:

Price: 7/10 I dint fail it cos im sure the tub can last me 9months judging on the amount i use daily haha.

Effects: 7.5/10 I really like the texture and the fact that my skin look dewy after usage. But cos my main concern is zits, I would prefer my moisturiser to help me combat zits and perhaps some oil control.

Im not sure if i will re-purchase, but i would love to give the shine neutralizing gel (the green color tub that looks exactly like this oasis) a try after hearing gd review from miao :)

1 comment:

H2O Plus said...

Thanks for your sharing. H2O Plus Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment is a lighter formulation than the original face oasis (hydrating treatment), it sank in immediately with a hint of refreshing metholated tingle. See a review at:
http://kidbuxblog.com/face-oasis-hydrating-treatment/